Innovating Since Day One
Established in 2003, Firmo Construction was formed with the purpose to design and build in a sustainable, forward-thinking manner. From the first project, the transformation of an abandoned assisted living facility to an award-winning Homewood Suites by Hilton, to it's current design-build approach, Firmo has always remained at the cutting edge of the industry.
An early adopter of USGBC's Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) system, Firmo began implementing sustainability and efficiency practices into projects when the program was still in its infancy. Our team built the first LEED CS Silver Office building in Sarasota, as well as the first LEED Hampton Inn and Suites Hotel in the world. We continue to evolve with that progressive mindset today, remaining industry leaders in design and building technology.
Today, our portfolio reflects award-winning projects spread throughout Florida, spanning across commercial construction to adaptive reuse, tenant improvements, medical, and hospitality. We are headquartered in sunny Sarasota, Florida, with qualifications to work in multiple states. We strive to deliver unparalleled quality in our work, on time, and within budget.
Statement of Qualifications
Our Core Values
Collaboration: Every project we work on is a collaborative effort between ourselves and the Owner. The final outcome is the result of a collective partnership to bring their unique vision to life.
Innovation: We strive to redefine our industry in everything we do. We have an open-minded outlook on exploring new ideas, new technologies, and new methods that challenge the conventional and drive innovation.
Optimization: We're consistently driven to improve, augment, and optimize. With a tailored approach to bring each project to its fullest potential, we bring our best foot forward to give each Owner a step up in the value and quality of their vision.
Firmo Construction Milestones
- 2003: Firmo is founded and headquartered in Sarasota, Florida
- 2005: Completes adaptive reuse of an abandoned assisted living facility into an award-winning Homewood Suites by Hilton hotel in Sarasota
- 2007: Constructs award winning Finergy Building, the first LEED CS Office Building in Sarasota that revitalizes East Main Street
- 2010: Finishes construction of the Hampton Inn & Suites Sarasota-Bradenton Airport, the first ever LEED certified Hilton hotel worldwide
- 2012: Establishes Firmo's international operations based in Paris, France. Offers Design-Build Construction Services for leading global hotel brands throughout Europe
- 2013: Expands Florida commercial construction operations statewide
- 2014: Launches Firmo's Medical Construction Division
- 2016: Inaugurates new Firmo headquarters in historic downtown Sarasota across from City Hall
- 2017: Expands operations nationally, becomes qualified to operate in over fifteen states
- 2018: Celebrating 15 Years of Firmo Construction
- 2020: Launches Virtual Reality offering for Design-Build projects with a "Zero Change-Order" Guarantee